Get Involved with BTG
Bridging the Gap offers a variety of ways to get connected. Most young people connect to our supportive services by applying for and receiving transitional housing assistance.
Housing program eligibility:
The Family Unification Program housing choice voucher (FUP voucher) provides a 36-month housing voucher to eligible youth who meet the following criteria:
- Youth must be between the ages of 18 through 24.
- Youth must have been in a foster care/child welfare placement for at least one night on or after their 16th birthday.
- Youth must pass a criminal background check.
- Youth must currently lack adequate housing.
(Lack of adequate housing includes living in substandard or dilapidated housing, being homeless, living in transitional housing, displaced by domestic violence, living in an overcrowded unit, in imminent danger of losing housing, or living in housing not accessible due to the nature of a disability.)
- Youth must have an active Case Management or Service Plan developed with the referring partner agency.
At the present time FUP vouchers can be used to subsidize housing in Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas and Jefferson Counties.
If you need housing or help and are not eligible for our services, please call 2-1-1 or find 2-1-1 services online.